Open from 9am - 5pm, Mon to Fri |

What allowances and expenses can residential landlords claim for rental property?

Landlords could be in line for further tax reliefs to make improvements to their properties following a recent Parliamentary committee recommendation. Our landlord and tenant specialist, Joy Hancock explains what tax reliefs are currently available to landlords. What are the allowable expenses a residential landlord can claim? The most common types of expenses you can claim are: General maintenance and repairs to the property, but not improvements (such as replacing a laminate kitchen worktop with a more costly granite worktop) Expenses for the interest on a buy to let mortgage to buy the property Water rates, council tax, gas and...

6 min read.

Offices open 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday


Read More

Founded in 1927, Bowcock & Pursaill has been our clients’ number one choice for solicitors in Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire and Cheshire for almost 100 years. We also act on behalf of clients throughout the country.

Our Team

Read More

The firm prides itself on its customer service, offering detailed and bespoke advice to clients thanks to our small and highly specialised team of partners, solicitors and legal executives based in Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire.


Read More

Are you interested in joining Bowcock & Pursaill? We have a friendly and supportive atmosphere, where everyone knows everyone else and there’s a good team spirit.

Enquiry Form

Please fill in the form below and we will call you to discuss your needs.